Our specialized IoT Glossary is your trusted guide to exploring technology terms and definitions. The intention of the glossary is to offer definitions for “technical terms” or “specialized jargon” in a way that might be readily understood by those who have deep understandign of the IoT industry or have not developed expertise in the field.
- Automation"Automation enables reduction of human intervention in different ways such as with machinery, optimization, factory processes to make them automatic, controlled and more efficient"
- Condition Monitoring"It is a monitoring process in which the main goal is to identify and keep updated about the machinery condition and status so as to predict future faults."
- Connected Car"A connected car is a vehicle which is equipped with devices that can connect to other devices, networks and services, within or outside the car and exchange different types of information to form a collectively safer, better experience with more functionalities for the customers"
- Developer Tools"A programming tool or software development tool is a computer program/tool that software developers use to create, debug, maintain, or otherwise support other programs and applications"
- IaaS"Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is a form of cloud computing that provides resources over the Internet. In IaaS one can host hardware, software, servers, storage application and other infrastructure components, and handle system maintenance, backup and resiliency planning among other tasks"
- Identity and Access Management"Identity and Access Management is the security discipline that ensures appropriate access to resources across heterogeneous technology environments. IAM technology can be used to initiate, capture, record and manage user identities and ensure that right individuals access the right resources at the right times"
- Internet of Things"Physical devices and everyday objects which are connected to Internet. They can communicate with each other autonomously. In this way the gap between the virtual world and real world getting close, which leads to smart processes, products and solutions."
- IoT Applications"IoT applications are used to automate various tasks safely. They are useful in all kinds of spheres like security, smart homes, smart cities, agriculture, entertainment and many others"
- IoT Platform"IoT platform is a control infrastructure which enables applications that can manage devices, remotely collect data and integrate with 3rd party vendors."
- Pervasive computing"Pervasive computing is an emerging trend associated with embedding microprocessors in day-to-day objects, allowing them to communicate information. It is also known as ubiquitous computing"
- Predictive Maintenance"Predictive Maintenance identifies impending asset failures using conditional data to predict anomalies or failures"
- Private Cloud"Private Cloud possess the same functions as the public one, but differs from it by the fact that it is available within only one organization and ensures security within the organization."
- Remote Monitoring"Remote Monitoring helps firms to remotely control their assets located across the globe and to automate the updates"
- Robotics"This is a branch of science and engineering that deals with the construction and the design of robots."
- SaaS"Software as a service is a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted. SaaS is typically accessed by users using a thin client via a web browser. SaaS has become a common delivery model for many business applications and software solutions"
- Visualization"Visualization is a process of interpreting the data that is collected and analysed in visual terms, using images, diagrams, graphs or animations to communicate a message or show results"